Tuesday, December 22, 2009

weight loss and "what they say"

I often hear patients tell me: "but THEY say that a glass of red wine a day is good for you" but THEY say that nuts are good for you" "but THEY say that one day a week you can eat what you want one day a week and still lose weight".

Okay...my question is: who are THEY??? Probably the same people who told my parents not to let me go swimming after eating cause I would get cramps and die.

I really believe that "THEY" are really things people read on the internet, things people hear around the water cooler and other arenas where lots of misinfotmation exists.

Beware of the internet and some of the information we read, as often it is erroneous.

Have a question, check with us, not "THEY"!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doc - thanks for not rubbing it in about the Redskins getting destroyed last night.