Saturday, December 12, 2009

weight loss and alcohol

First, I want to thank very much our very fine staff members who are at the office seeing patients and taking care of your medical and weight loss needs allowing the rest of the staff to be here for our Holiday party in Vegas. We had a staff dinner last nite and what stories I was hearing about the exploits of Jessica, Jennifer(s), Julia, Shayna, Nathan, Nicole, Jean and Donna. I cannot believe what I was hearing! But alas, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas so I cannot share any of this on the blog. But, rumors do exist that a new movie entitled "The Hangover, Part 2" is being contemplated based on the adventures of the Serotonin-Plus crew.

What a place to talk about a subject that has profound impact on weight loss efforts...alcohol.

Alcohol usage is incredibly damaging to weight loss efforts and I often hear the refrain: "A few glasses of red wine daily is good for you." Let me dispel that...alcohol in any form hinders weight loss efforts. There is a adverse metabolic effect of alcohol that is damaging beyond the calories you see listed on the side of the bottle.

This time of year is especially challenging as it seems that almost every social/holiday function is based on lots of alcohol availability.

Make your choices wisely...if your goal is to lose weight, then keep alcohol out of your life.

No comments: