Friday, December 4, 2009

Our 21st ANNIVERSARY

Good Friday Morning

Tonight represents the 21st anniversary of our medical practice and this is a very nostalgic and poignant night for me. We celebrate this by throwing a Patient Appreciation Nite. The staff and I provide low caloric and caloric foods and drinks and would love for you to stop by and join us.

For 21 years I have had the honor and priviledge of providing medical care (21 years) and weight loss help (7.2 years) for thousands and thousands of really great people in the Northern VA/DC/Maryland area. 15 years ago I made the bold and risky move of removing myself from insurance lists and so many patients continued to use our practice. I want to thank you so very much for allowing me to practice medicine without having some mid level insurance employee telling me how to treat you. Your loyalty to my practice is met with my loyalty to you: Anyone who has called me on a holiday/Sunday etc know what I am talking about...I am available to you and your family at all times and many of you have seen me in a sweaty baseball hat on a Sunday morning or had me placing an IV into you on Superbowl Sunday to have you avoid an ER visit.

Medicine is changing rapidly...from electronic health records where doctors walk around with PCs typing into it as they are talking to their patients never looking into their eyes to large practices where your call under duress is met with a recorded phone menu frustrating you because all you want is a human voice asking : "How can we help you?" Yes, I am old school but somehow I think that old school is good when it comes to helping people medically.

I want to thank Ellen, Brian and Kym for always supporting my efforts to establish and build the practice and also understanding when Dad had to run off to the office to see a patient after hours.

I want to thank all of my workers both past and especially present for allowing me to boast the "best practice in the area" and the fact that so many of you wonderful people still come to us despite the insurance issue tells me that that staff and I are doing a pretty good job.

For those of you expecting this retrospective nostalgic note to end with "I am announcing my retirement".....SORRY!!!!! I am more energized than ever!!! We have so many ideas as to how to help your medical and weight loss needs better and better. Our staff is young and full of enthusiasm and committed to bringing us to higher and higher levels of patient satisfaction.

I will end this with one more "thank you" for being our patient. Please join us tonight , 5-7 pm for our event. If you cannot make it, please know that your presence is missed and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you calling me "your doctor".

Onto the next 21 years!

2 comments:

Happy in Hanguk said...

Happy 21st Anniversary! I'm a brand new patient, but it is already easy to see how your practice has been thriving so long. You and the rest of your staff are great!

Susanne said...

Happy Anniversary and thanks for being there for our health and weight loss needs. As I have been one of those patients that has called with a health issue at non office hours and being out of town at the same time, you have been there to answer the phone and call in a script for medication. Even when traveling, I know you are only a phone call away. Since being a patient for nearly 20 years I have seen the growth and changes in your practice. Getting to be seen on a day when you are actually sick and not having to wait 2-3 days for an appointment is amazing. Thank you for that! Insurance claims are always filed in a timely manner and that makes getting a reimbursement much faster. I have been warmly greeted when entering the office and treated with respect by your medical staff.
Keep doing what you're doing and hopefully I'll still be going into your office for another 21 years!
Let's not admit how old we'll be then!