Wednesday, December 23, 2009

weight loss and weekend eating

As mentioned previously, I am often asked whether it hurts weight loss efforts to "take the weekend off" as this relates to following a prudent dietary strategy....My answer has always been "no", and now a study comes out to confirm this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34482022/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/from/ET


Vigilance is very important every day when you are trying to become healthier and happier. Alcohol and other weekend derailign sources will hinder those efforts. Remember: there is no food or drink that will taste as good as your weight loss will feel,

To my comment person re: not rubbing in the Giants win over the Skins. You are welcome. My heart goes out for the fans and the coach of the team. Zorn seems like a really great guy and he has been castrated by the owner. Zorn doesnt deserve this treatment and I am soooo rooting for them to beat the Cowboys Sunday nite....as a matter of fact, can I borrow a Campbell Jersey for that night???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been telling myself and others who are working hard at loosing weight, " it will never taste as good as I will feel when I loose the weight!" But every now and then I just feel like having a little treat! I do however make sure that I do extra exercise to burn off my indulgence! I think that for me the thing I have learned is to be more aware of what I am eating. I still if you will enjoy and indulge every now and then but I know now not to go overboard and I also know that if I really want to treat myself then I will have to work equally harder to get rid of that "treat"! Thank You Dr. Posner and team for helping me reach this knowledge and success!

Anonymous said...

Doc - if I had a jersey it would be yours for the night. Thanks for providing outstanding medical care. Merry Christmas to you and your family.