Thursday, May 6, 2010

weight loss and inspiration

I lovede the comments posted yesterday and would encourage everyone to read these...it was a different viewpoint about reality ashows such as the Biggest Loser....the concept was that the show serves as an inspiration to others.

Being inspired to lose weight and keep that weight off is a great thing. The "inspiration" has potential from coming from without and within. Family members, friends, business colleagues can serve as an inspiration by finding the fortitude to dig down deeply inside and change lifestyle and beahvior patterns to become happier and healthier. Often, the inspiration needs to come from within, meaning that you have to find ways of inspiring yourself, and perhaps watching others who you do not know on a tv show can help this along.

Stay inspired, stay committed and achieve your goals to become happier and healthier. There is no food source that will taste as good as your weight loss will feel.

4 comments:

brownsugar722 said...

I learned a lot from watching some of those weight loss shows. One of the hardest things I learned is that messing up one day doesn’t have to ruin everything. I’d gotten stuck in this self-shaming cycle, where I’d go over my food diary one day and the whole week is lost. But everything is different day by day. I have learned that if you fall off track you just get back on track the next day. That was hard to learn.

There’s also a challenge in unlearning bad habits like social eating. It’s hard to tell people “no” in a social setting. Like at parties and at the office, saying no to birthday cake is hard. But I am learning not be such a people pleaser and to put myself first when it counts the most...my health.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to comment that although I am not yet a participant in Dr Posner's program, I am prayerful that it will work. I feel horrible and one of the biggest things that weight gain does is knock out your self-esteem..particularly when you have tripled in size over the last 2.5 years. I am excited to begin this program but more determined to end 2010 65lbs lighter, confident and loving myself.

brownsugar722 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brownsugar722 said...

I find that it helps to start learning to loving yourself again, even before you lose the weight. Self loathing makes it harder to overcome weight loss hurdles because you feel like you are not worth the effort. Treat yourself kindly - you might not be able to wear cute tiny little summer dresses yet but you can slip into a pair of killer high heals...assuming you are a girl of course. :) Get a great hair cut and some nice bling...don't postpone feeling good about yourself and your appearance. You are important and valuable fat or thin.