Friday, May 21, 2010

The Serotonin Solution to Never Dieting Again

Yesterday I saw for the first time the book that we wrote about weight loss. It is entitled: The Serotonin Solution to Never Dieting Again

This book was written by yours truly, Donna Eckenrode and Julia Yescavage. Contributing authors are Laura Balda, M.D., our national expansion Medical Director, Joyce Hair, M.D., a prominent GYN physician in Vienna, VA and Araba Sam, M.D., a prominent OB/GYN physician in our satellite center in Ft Lauderdale, Florida.

I had a chance to read the entire book as well yesterday (I am in Las Vegas at a trade show and the choice was to either read our or donate some $$$ to the Las Vegas economy and I chose the former...although I still did some of the latter as well!)

The book is a reality-based book about weight loss. No shenanigans, scams or false hopes. So many books in the weight loss genre are all about the hype...including some cutsy name that always includes the word: DIET

As you have heard from me ad nauseum (thats a great word..makes it sound that you want to puke if you hear it again) weight loss is about life-style changing NOT dieting. The book includes chapters about childhood obesity, african americans and weight issues, exercise, chemical contributions to weight control issues and a number of other topics very pertinent to weight control issues.

We will have a formal book signing event in the near future and will announce this. Until then, feel free to stop by and pick one up....I am of course prejudiced beyond belief about this, but I think it is a really good read. I dont think Oprah will put it on her book club list, but perhaps we can make it to the top ten best sellers in Burke, VA!!!

No comments: