Monday, May 10, 2010

weight loss and planning

We plan our days often like a script of a movie...what time we need to awaken, what time we leave for work, what will we will wear, when we will take vacation time, when do we need to visit a family member..etc....we plan lots of things.

Sometimes we do not find ourselves planning our food intake...we make that decision on the fly. It may be a matter of wandering down to the work cafeteria, deciding after our chil'd baseball game what fast food place to drive thru, etc.

One of the elements that is vitally important to long term weight loss is planning what you are going to eat. If you will be in an airport over lunchtime, what places in the terminal will provide you with healthier choices? If you will be home late from attending a child's sports event, what will you provide to you and your family for dinner?

All this requires "planning" and I suggest that on Sunday, take out a piece of paper and plot out your week in advance so you may identify the "challenges" of the week and make your plans to NOT allow these challenges to derail your efforts.

Long tyerm weight loss does require planning and mentating though all the issues, including the busy schedule of yours that would tend to put you back into old eating behaviors.

1 comment:

MsMcMo said...

I had a problem today - I should have known better and planned for it. But it was such a surprise and a good problem to have. I could not find anything to wear this morning. My pants are falling off and my dresses are too big. I should have known that they would be too big after I recorded 27Ibs of weight loss on Saturday. I was planning to buy new clothes after my 12th week on the program. This is my 8th week and I have nothing to wear for the week. I am not exactly sure what size I am. This is a problem indeed. :)