Monday, May 24, 2010

weight loss and the different days of the week

Clearly there are differences in the ability to be resolve in your efforts to reach a happier and healthier weight. Mondays are probably one of the easiest because there are not that many temptations...parties, evening events, happy hours etc.

Obviously the reverse would be the case for the weekends...lots of opportunity to become involved with activities that will derail your weight loss efforts.

Try to identify the different days that do present the most challenge and crafy some strategies to negate the factors from that particular day(s) that will adversely impact on your efforts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new book. I am definitely going to buy it. I read the "The Stress Eater Diet" and it was really good and helpful.

brownsugar722 said...

It's easy to go off track during weekends because of boredom. Keeping things fresh and interesting boosts my weight-loss success every week because I am always involved and thinking about my weight loss plan. I take time every Sunday to plan and mix it up by trying a new food and adding in a different fitness activity or experimenting with a new recipe.

Sometimes it is easy to fall into a rut, eating the same foods over and over.(Letuce and tuna out of the can every day for lunch):(

But when I take time to shop the aisles of the grocery store and try new groceries stores in my area, I find healthy options I had never tried before. If I like them, I add them to my growing list of "favorites".

The same thing applies to fitness. I try something new every month. As a result, my weekends have become way more interesting. This weekend, I found out that the local high school track is open to the public and I started running with like minded people early on Saturday and Sundays. I made some new friends too in the process. I also joined a "Race for the Cure" group with friends and family. I tried Tai Chi and Chigong with some folks at work. I yawned the whole time - I swear I wasn't bored...but that's another story. Next, Pilates...

Unknown said...

It is so easy to "relax" your eating on the weekends. We think "Well I did so well during the week, I can eat more on the weekends..thinking that what we eat on the weekends does not count"...wrong thinking. Must change our way of weekend thinking.