Saturday, May 15, 2010

weight loss and relative start of happiness

When we attend parties gatherings of friends/family/events, we tend to eat high-caloric food sources. When we feel sadness we often will reach for high-caloric food sources as some sort of consolation. Why is it that during extreme moods of either direction we still tend to reach for food as a source of treatment?

There is an immediate gratification from the ingestion of a high caloric source. The immediate sugar rise produces a bit of a euphoric feel for some. This of course is quickly followed by the self-loathing sensation thats comes from having given in to the temptation and waylaying your weight loss efforts.

On the happiness side, we tend to celebrate around food sources. This is tradtional...whether it be raing the glass of alcohol to toast someone or eating a celebratory cake, we tend to go high-caloric when we are having fun.

Recognizing the situations and adjusting to these in a smart way will allow you to reach your weight loss goals allowing you to become happier and healthier.

1 comment:

brownsugar722 said...

When I was little my mother used to reward me with food treats when I was good...and my dad used to nod his head approvingly on those few occaisions when I finished my food and say, "good girl". I was a skinny little thing with huge eyes and my neck was so thin, it was a small miracle it held my head up. They were worried that I was too thin and fragile. How ironic. Is there a connection there between with my current love/hate relationship with food. I think so.