Wednesday, May 26, 2010

weight loss and phentermine

Okay, Posner goes off again. This time it is against the state of Florida. We have a patient visiting there for awhile and we did a virtual phone visit with her and then tried to call a prescription for phentermine into a Florida pharmacy. No go...they wont take it down there. Highly controlled.

Okay, here is the point: Yes, phentermine is an amphetamine...a controlled substance. If abused, it can cause many problems. We are doliong out seven pills at a time...not seventy or seven hundrerd. We are using this medication in an incredibly responsible manner to help people in their efforts to lose weight. What is the nations largest bhealth concern? Amphetamine abuse or obesity? What is the cost to society of people abusing 7 pills of phentermine vs the cost to society of diabetes, heart disease, various cancers, strokes etc?

States, the givernment and insurance companies just dont get it...People need HELP in losing weight and one of the tools that can help jumpstart a persons weight loss efforts is the RESPONSIBLE usage of a prescription anorectic.

Allowing people to jumpstart their efforts motivates the person psychologically. Phentermine is just a part of a program....the other components are just as essential.

3 comments:

Leigh Fazzina said...

Thanks for sharing this. This is too bad. I agree that the phentermine jump starts people. My first week I lost 9 lbs! Had I have lost only 2 or 3 I wouldn't have the strength to move on. I don't see how 7 pills a week, something that is controlled, can be habit forming or even abused. Gee whiz. Does this pharmacy let patients get Xanax?

Thx again for sharing.
- Leigh from Philly

mm said...

I was always amazed when I would pick up my 7 pills at the pharmacy and I had to pay full price for the prescription. Although I could have been picking up diabetes, high blood pressure, or depression meds for a small co-pay. Just ridiculous! Thankfully, I sucked it up and paid the cost although overall, our priorities are pretty screwed up as our nation doesn't place ANY value on prevention!

Thanks for your blog -- it helps my weight stay within four lbs of my "just right" weight!

Anonymous said...

I must declare Now i am totally pleased with our most current knowledge in weight loss link, it is completely incredible, the way i transformed once i had frequented check this. Prefer a thin body http://akaimiracle.com, you need to take a look at which as well.