Monday, June 14, 2010

weight loss and books

Good morning....Mondays are probably the least favorite day of the week for most people...coming off a weekend and getting back to work...less time to do things we like to do to relax...we get busy and less time to think about our weight loss efforts as well... That is why I suggest that you take some time on Sunday to plan your week ahead. If you know you have to travel, plan how you will approach the snacks/meals while you are away.. What will you do at the airport? How can you face the challenge of not giving in to the evening cocktails that accompany business dinners? What time can you wake up to use the hotel gym? If the children have a sports event, how will you plan a smart, healthy dinner?

Our book arrived!!! "The Serotonin Solution To Never Dieting Again"

Donna, Julia and I collaborated on this with contributions from the Medical Director of our expansion operations, Dr Laura Balda and also a prominent local GYN physician, Dr Joyce Hair and our Ft lauderdale partner, Dr Araba Sam.

The book discusses many aspects of weight control issues and it is based on reality...not some "hyped" book which professes to have some miracle solution to weight loss. Weight loss is not "dieting"..it is life style changing and behavior modification. Our book will not be a best seller (well, maybe in Burke) but I am very proud of this because it truly is reality based.

We are doing a book signing at our Fashion Show event on Saturday but will be arranging a book signing at the office in the fall. Stop by and pick up a copy if you would like before then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I travel about 25% of the time for work. I used to eat whatever was available at the airport (pretzels, a slice of pizza and a diet coke) and then when I arrived at my destination I felt bloated because of all the salt and fat in the food. These days I carry a bag with water, baby carrots and low fat cheese. Those individual snack packs. I also try to stay at the Residence Inn so I can cook my own food rather than order room service. At after hour functions I order up seltzer with a slice of lemon - it looks like a cocktail so no one offers to buy me one. I also like the way I look now so I bear that in mind when I do have to eat out. I don't want to go back to where I just came from.

P. Ropecia said...

Thanks for sharing such an informative blog. I like your blog very much.

Anonymous said...

How long is Saturday's event?
Family friendly?