Tuesday, April 27, 2010

weight loss and aesthetics

First a funny side note....yesterday i had horrible laryngitis...couldnt speak..had to whisper to everyone....the funny part is that people would whisper back at me....So yesterday I provided the sequel to Redford's Horse Whisperer..I was the Patient Whisperer....

We had a booth at an aesthetic convention here at the Gaylord hotel over the past several days. The conference was for plastic surgeons and other aesthetic physicians whose practices are focused on making people look younger, healthier and more appealing.

We were the only weight loss opportunity on the show floor....there were more liposuction machines, vaginoplasty tools, laser machines than you can count. Of all the things that make people look younger and healthier weight loss is A-Number 1, yet, Serotonin-Plus USA was the only company imploring physicians around the country to focus on helping patients lose weight.

Sucking out fat and lasering hair off does not make a patient lessen their risk of weight related co-morbidities such as diabetes, heart disease, pancreatic, breast , and colon cancer etc. Yes,, these procedures can make a person look better physically but does nothing for the internal organs.

Anyway, just an observation...the medical profession does need to get involved more with helping Americans lose weight and I am proud that Serotonin-Plus USA is getting the message out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. P
I was whispering with you for the past 5 days! (I guess it was the pollen?) I noticed the same thing. People would often whisper back to me too. This is the first time the pollen has bothered me. I guess it must be a lot worse this year?

mm said...

Just wanted to let you know that 4 months after exiting your program I ran my first 5K in 12 years (and a better time too)! Thirty pounds lighter and feeling great at age 40! Keep getting the word out. I'll happily opt for shaving my legs any day and spend my $$$ on proven weight loss. Thanks!