Wednesday, March 31, 2010

weight loss and nuts

There is a common misconception that nuts are "good for you". When I see patients who have had a difficult weight loss week, aside from questions about alcohol usage, I will inquire about the use of nuts. When I inform the patient that nuts are NOT conducive for good weight loss, I often hear "But THEY say that almonds are "good" for you!". My question back is "Who are "THEY"?
I think that "THEY" are the same people who told you not to go swimming after you ate because you will have cramps and drown....now come on people, how many kids did you ever know that ate food and then almost drowned?

Small repetitive food sources, like nuts and popcorn will derail weight loss efforts. Nuts are a high fat item and are not a recommended foof source if tyou are trying to lose weight.

No comments: