Friday, March 12, 2010

weight loss and liposuction

First, thank you Heather for your very kind comment....I try to use this blog as a way of getting into your head everyday with some thoughts about weight issues. Losing weight requires thought...gaining weight is a complete no-brainer...I know that if I can get my patients to "think about it" more often, there is a better chance of long-term success in keeping on track and maintaining the weight loss....if my patients get caught up thinking about business, jobs, their family issues etc., then they will start reverting to old eating behavior patterns and uh, oh...weight back on. I really root for your success in keeping the weight off. I love seeing my patients, our accountant loves your visits, but I do strive to help you keep the weight off...I would rather have one new patient to help then have 10 of my established patients have to come back and pay more money to us to help them lose the weight they put back on. We are of course ALWAYS happy to see our patients and especially do not want them to feel embarrassed or guilty if weight went back on and our help is needed again. It is our pleasure to help you. However, we really do want to help you maintain the weight loss without having to pay us more money. This blog is one of the support tools. Thats why I get up and write it every day.

Yesterday I visited a cosmetic physician in Philadelphia who performs lots of liposuctions. Dr Falcone will be bringing the Serotonin-Plus Program to her patients. She is an incredibly passionate physician who really cares lots about her patients. Not to knock aesthetic physicians, but there are many who do the botox, perform liposuction and other procedures that are really only cosmetic in nature. Yes, they make their patients look younger but not necessarily healthier. Dr. Falcone is a unique physician who really cares lots about the health of her patients as well. She and her practice will be launching the program in April at their offices in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Once again, remember that liopsuction or fat injuections (lipodissolve and others) are NOT weight loss procedures but rather body sculpting procedures. If you are trying to lose weight, do not be tempted to try to use liposuction as a means of weight loss. Weight loss requires WORK....following a low caloric dietary plan and preferably increasing exercise. The work is very worthwhile...losing weight makes you healthier and happier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. P,
I was in your program for a couple of months last year and lost 15 pounds. I was having surgery and dropped out for a while. I wanted to let you know that I continue to read your blogs every day. I think they may be part of the reason I've not only kept the weight off, but lost a couple of more.
Regarding liposuction, I'll go one further. Both my daughter and sister have had the lap band surgery. They both lost over 50 pounds. However, my daughter eats very unhealthy. Chips, cookies, etc, but manages to keep most of hers off (she's gained about 10 pounds.) My sister is another story. In the past year she's gained all of hers back, plus some. Goes to show..there are no miracle fixes. Just hard work and determination! Thanks for caring.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Dr. Posner,
Although I just began this past week, having a current, daily blog from you makes me feel that I am not out there alone on my journey~you are there too. It's an important personal touch that helps me. I'm grateful you make time do write it and I thank you for that!
Karen A.

Smartlipo liposuction New York City said...

This post is very helpful for people that needs to decide about liposuction. Undergoing this treatment with the use of latest technology is always a privilege of every patient to gain a more streamlined appearance.