Sunday, March 21, 2010

weight loss and customer service

Yesterday I noticed a comment from someone (anonymous) who had some pretty negative things to say about his/her encounter with the office , in that he/she felt some mixed signals were delivered from the Nurse Manager who saw her and then did not get a return phone call from the dietician..

Few things: 1- I only know about these things when someone brings this to my attention so I thank "Anonymous" for notifying me

2- I am certain it is not the perception of the nurse or RD that you were given mixed signals and then ignored, so I need to debrief them as to how we failed you, as clearly perception is reality and you felt that you were given mixed signals and ignored, so that is reality. Then I can take the steps to correct the situation to ensure that your experience is much better the next time.

3- Does anyone know Jenny Craigs cell phone number? How about the Doctor who developed the medical franchise Doctors Weight Loss Centers? Well, here is mine: 703-609-0388. We strive to provide great service for anyone, but if anyone out there feels that we have let them down and they cannot get satisfaction from calling my staff, then you know how to get me directly.

If you or anyone else are not getting satisfaction here, then you know how to reach me directly. This would avoid anyone having to post a complaint anonymously on my blog, which I try to use to inspire people to keep in the "zone" to be successful in their weight loss efforts. More important for people who are not in their visits anymore because it is so easy to fall out of that zone. I always return phone calls placed on my desk the same day they are delivered to me so please feel free to call and ask that I personally get back to you if there is a complaint that is not being addressed aggressively and correctly by my staff.

We try to keep 100% of our patients happy 100% of the time, but when we do not, we, as an organization are commited to trying to make things right. You have my pledge and my phone number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that you or your staff need stroking - however - having been a patient with you for 8 years now after being referred by good friends - you and your staff are most conscientious. Do not beat yourself up to much.

John