Saturday, March 13, 2010

weight loss and control

First, Jenny and Karen, thank you very much for the very nice comments....sometimes at 530 am as I am writing this I think to myself: "Are my patients too busy to read this stuff and if they do, is it helping them?"....so to see these comments is my motivation to keep jotting down these thoughts and experiences....

Last night we had a staff dinner to introduce several new members of our team. We have an assistant Medical Director now of the national expansion ..Dr Laura Balda, a family physician from Boynton Beach Florida. She is a very dedicated and committed physician who will be helping other offices around the country set up and administer their Serotonin-Plus Programs. This will allow me to be where I need to be...in BUrke Virginia seeing MY wonderful patients!!!

Food sometimes controls us as opposed to us controlling the food. I sometimes find myself compelled to eat that third slice of pizza (shhhh..dont tell anyone reading this that the self-professed "Guru" of weight loss eats pizza and is even known to eat a Twinkie on occasion). Especially under periods of stress and/or anxiety we find ourselves losing control and reaching for food sources that we know inherently we should not be eating, but yet we do.

WE CONTROL THE FOOD INTAKE. I suggest that if you ever feel in that mode where the food is taking over control, get yourself away from the kitchen or whereever it is that you feel compelled to eat. Think of some other activity that will distract you and reward yourself in some non-caloric way for winning this little mind battle.

Have a great Saturday.

1 comment:

Simple ole Paratrooper said...

Doc,

Finally figured out the blog stuff. God seeing you and your team in the office today. It is great to be in 21st century. Must admit - my college senior son - Jack - helped me.

John