Monday, January 11, 2010

weight loss and food combinations

Hey...sorry about not posting something yesterday...went to Atlantic City with my son and brother and by the time I got back, put on the football games, etc. I became a slug. Am I forgiven? Not that my lack of an entry ruined anyones Sunday! Laughing....

Okay: I noticed something when I was at the restaurants this weekend. We are always used to ordering foods off the menu that are THEIR combinations. Hamburger AND fries....Steak AND mashed potatoes....Teriyaki chicken OVER rice....

Here is the issue: don't be afraid to change the offered combinations. Ask for steamed vegetables instead of the starch. Do NOT order the special menu deal that offers up a desssert as part of the package. Most restaurants are happy to make special combos for you so ask the waiter for the combination of food that makes most sense for your weight loss efforts.

And I promise not to miss next Sunday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a bit off the track....WATER...we are supposed to drink lots of water. Any downside to drinking sparkling water vs. flat water? I don't particularly like flat water unless I'm sweating at the gym, but can drink several bottles of Perrier a day. (YES,I'm high maintenance :)