Monday, October 5, 2009

weight loss and happiness

First, thank you for the blog comments..very insightful writings appear and I learn much from reading them and I know thatmany of my patients would beenfit from reading these comments as well.

As we all assess our relative sense of "happiness", many factors contribute to this....job satisfaction, relationship issues, performance and happiness of our children and family members, financial stability and many others. One of the most important contributing factors though is our relative state of health and self-image. If we are taking many medications, have serious medical illnesses, having side effects of medications, thelevel of "happiness" cannot go unscathed. Moreover, looking in the mirror and seeing a sight that makes you feel less self-confident, and even possible embarrassed will further erode your "happiness" levels.

Losing weight will make you happier...it really will. The word "jolly" has always been attributed to overweight people, almost like a Santa who always laughs. That is probably on the outside...there may not be much laughing on the inside. I will repeat this: losing weight will make you happier. It is a good choice and much more long-standing happiness than a food choice that instantaneously makes you feel "good" but wears off as quickly as it is eaten. Being healthier and looking younger will make you happier for years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been extremely busy the last couple of weeks. I got out of my good habits, sooooo easily. Haven't read the spdiet blog for at least 2 weeks, but just "caught up". Started getting very sloppy about writing down everything I put in my mouth, weighing/measuring my food, choices: fish or beef??
Guess what. After a year+ of losing 25 pounds and maintaining that, I gained 5 pounds!!! Back to square 1.
Hopefully, some is water weight. If it doesn't go in the right direction tomorrow, I will remember the blogs that said "don't be embarrassed" to come back to the clinic for a jump start. Don't wait until it's 10 pounds or more to get the help and support you need. I WON'T!!

Happiness said...

Can anyone define the word Happiness? What is Happiness we do not know because every single person has its own meaning of happiness. Finding the ways to be happy in life is only a way that can make everyone happy in this world.