Saturday, June 6, 2009

weight loss and restaurant choices

Chances are that your spouse/friends may not also be in a weight losing mode. In your quest to lose weight, you are trying to stay away from restaurants that only offer high-caloric choices...pizza and pasta places, fast food restaurants, etc. Sometimes, you feel as if you are a "party-pooper", meaning that others around you want to go to these places but you inform them that your choices are limited there and you would rather go somewhere else.

There are MANY places that will offer you some great choices AND offer the cheesefries, wings and other sh-- that some of the people around you may like. Diners are EXCELLENT choices, because the array of food is great...many wonderful protein and vegetable choices for you.

Please set yourself up for success by choosing restaurants that will not box you into a bad choice.

On a separate note...going to the Mets-Nationals game tonight. Two pretty bad teams. I grew up near Shea Stadium in Queens. Price for the upper deck back then: $1.30...hot dog..60 cents...soda 25 cents. God, I feel old!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jacquel said...

Thanks for the reminder that we have choices when we dine at resturants. I have been avoiding the scene because I was not sure if I could resist my favorites. But, at some point I will have to venture out to prove to myself that I am in control. I hope you enjoy the game.