Sunday, June 7, 2009

weight loss and other people

First, Jaquel....thanks for the best wishes for the game....the Mets were HORRIBLE and I was sitting their with my Mets jersey and name on it....UGH!!! About three years ago I went to the NY Mets fantasy baseball camp. You go down to their training facility in Port St. Lucie Florida and they cart out a bunch of old players from the Mets teams inthe 60s, 70s, and 80s. You play ball for 3 days with them. Most of the teams have these camps. It was really fun.

This morning I was reading an internet story about how Kelly Clarkson, the original American Idol winner, came out with statements that she is tired of reading stories about her excessive weight. She stated that she loves her body and she wishes the media would stop writing about her weight.

This gave me pause to think about how we all feel about the scrutinization of our weight and how this affects us. When we go to work, do people talk about us behind our backs? Is there some judgement made about our weight? Do we feel compelled to lose weight not just for ourselves but also to have people around us think that we look better? I am interested in your thoughts.

No comments: