Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New York Trip and Potholes

I am leaving this afternoon for a very brief business trip to New York and I will be facing lots of potholes. I am not referring to the ones in the road. I am talking about the dietary potholes that get us into a weight issue. New York is the land , for me, of pretzel stands, delis with those huge corned beef sandwhiches and knishes, and incredible restaurants. Everywhere you turn there is an opportunity to devour thousands of calories.

Posner's plan for not doing too much damage? First, eat something before I drive lest I am tempted to stop at one of those rest stops on 95 that offer the very healthy choices of Roy Rogers burgers, Sbarros pizza or hot dogs and fries. Make sure i do wake up early in the morning for a workout at the hotel gym. When I do venture into the Carnegie deli, allow myself that corned beef sandwich but NO side dishes such as their potatoe pancakes or potatoe knish. Absloutely NO cheesecake right after that meal, but later at nite, if I am in a cheesecake frenzy, allow myself two forkfulls. NO stopping for a pretzel at that stand with the hot chestnuts UNLESS I only had protein and vegatables for dinner. Also, if it is not too cold, walk to the places I need to get to instead of a cab.

Please feel free to share your ideas as to how NOT to gain weight when you enter the land of dietary potholes.

No comments: