Thursday, August 27, 2009

weeight loss and dessert

Good morning....I am looking forward to coming back today....and Suzanne....I hope your travels are safe and you are not beating yourself up over the scale results upon your return....

Last night I was invited to a dinner cruise as part of the business meetings and it was really cool sailing by the bridges, Statue of Liberty, etc. The dinn er portion consisted of a crabcake appetizer, the main course a large steak, potatos and vegetables and bread was served. SHORTLY thereafter a desserrt cart arrived with ice cream, sauces for the ice cream, cakes and other high-caloric stuff.

EVERYONE on the cruise ate dessert....there is no way in the world that anyone felt even the slightest bit of "hunger" yet we all did went ahead and ate it.

If you are in a weight losing mode, you must pay attention to the body hunger signals and not the pleasure brain signals. This is difficult but yet important in your quest. When it comes to dessert, please ask yourself whether there is any hunger whatsover, and if the answer is "no" then you just say "no thanks".

1 comment:

Susanne said...

After reading yesterdays "chat" post by pglassrn, I can't believe she was treated that way on her very small weight gain. Sounds like she had a right to be mad. She had been having a few difficult weeks and I thought handled the situation very well.(I follow the chat room also). We all handle stress in different ways.
To "pglassrn", please don't give up on the office visits. This is a great weight loss program and the staff is there for encouragement and support. Dr. P. has been my personal physician for 20 years and my husband and I started the SPdiet plan over two years ago.(He even got his picture on the wall!) We lost most of our extra weight in about 4 months and now return every year for our "spring tune-up". Dr. P. is there for us when we put back those few extra pounds and need to refocus and get them off. I was able to do the program with out the phentermine but increasing the Seratonin. The loss was slower, but still enough to keep me motivated. So, please don't let one bad experience stop you from going back.