Saturday, July 11, 2009

weight loss and lifestyle

First...REMINDER!!!! Serotonin-Plus walk at Burke Lake Park today, 10AM..meet Joanne and gang at the minigolf course area. Wish I could be there but patients need me in the office this morning!!!

Last night my family celebrated my daughtr, Kym's 23rd birthday. Kym will be leading our group meeting starting soon. Please, as a reminder, if you are interested, call us ASAP as spaces in the group are limited to 4-6 people.

Ellen has lost over 30 pounds, looks great and has reached her goal. Last night I noticed that she was still avoiding all breads and high-caloric foods. When I asked her how she is able to maintain this focus and not "let her guard down", she told me it was fear of developing pancreatic cancer. Ellen's mother, Arlene, a very wonderful woman, succumbed to pancreatic cancer last year. She was overweight for years. Her death at age mid 70s could have possibly been avoided had weight been under control.

We always think about the aesthetic ramifications of weight loss, but the health benefits can be life-saving. If you are still struggling with weight issues, take a step back, and think of all the wonderful people in your lives and how much you would miss them and they miss you if you were no longer here. Achieving and maintaining your weight loss goals will increase your odds of being here.

No comments: