Monday, July 6, 2009

weight gain and vacations

July is probably the most "vacationed" months of the year. Many of these trips are planned around beaches, theme parks and other venues that are ripe with food sources that will be most definitely challenge your weight loss efforts.

Bringing a cooler to allw you to have some food sources that will be more dietary-friendly, going to reastaurants that will allow for better choices and keeping your alcohol intake to a minimum will go along way in minimizing the weight gain that normally would have occurred.

The other important issue is not to "beat yourself up" or be embarrassed and cancel your next appointment with us if weight gain occurred. This is the exact time to come back in and let us help you get refocused.

2 comments:

jj said...

from the SP Fitness Trainer-- I'd like to reinforce what Dr. Posner said about GUILT. Don't let GUILT knock you off ocurse all together. Accept it and get back on track first thing the next day.

Also---Summer is great for entertaining...but it is ALSO resplendant with CHOICE. I'm referring to FARMER's MARKETS. Fabulous fruits and vegetables. Vegetables don't have to be boring. Nor do they have to be boiled. Google vegetable recipes from the brilliant chef, GIADA. I LOVE the way she approaches produce as a meal...not something you have to swallow to grow big and strong!

And if you are a summer pie baker -- switch to light cobbler toppings and SPLENDA in the fruit....it beats consuming pie crust.

Please refer to our CHAT ROOM for other ideas and input.

Have a GREAT Summer!

Joanne Johnson

Anonymous said...

Dr. Posner

You must have read my mind. I have been busy, vacation, family, etc...eating off the diet, and have not been as strict with keeping my appointments. I have been exercising, but the extra carbs are creeping in. I have been avoiding an official weigh in, but finally got up the nerve to get on my own scale. I did gain a pound, but the weigh I have been binge eating I am not surpised that it is not more. I have a funeral this weekend, and plan to re-focus on Monday. I will be calling to make an appoitment. Thanks for the blog!