Monday, February 16, 2009

300th Post

I noticed that today's entry is my 300th posting on this site. Every day I ask my patients if they are reading this and I think it is a somewhat embarrassing question, because if they are not (and well over 75% are not reading this daily) they feel awkward in that perhaps they will be hurting my feelings.

Why am i writing daily entries? Clearly, it is somewhat difficult to find new/interesting topics to cover about weight loss. Moreover, it does take time daily to do this.

Answer: I truly believe that when people do not think about their weight loss efforts, they are doomed to failure. If your goal was to gain weight, you do not have to think about this for one second...do what is fun and do what your body tells you to do. However, if your goal is to lose weight, that requires constant mentation/planning/focus etc. As soon as we lose this focus, we start losing the battle. I am trying to put a voice in your head daily urging you to keep "in the zone" and maintain your focus. While you are in our program, we see you weekly, you are paying money, you are getting prescription meds, etc...not as important to get these daily messages. However, when you leave the weekly visits, it is a much more vulnerable and perilous time as this relates to losing weight. I am hoping to be that voice in your head (other than your own) to help you maintain focs and direction.

On to the next 300 posts...please join me for the journey.

No comments: