Friday, June 20, 2008

weight loss and portion control

I had a very nice gentleman yesterday tell me that his major revelation about success in losing weight has to do with portion control. This patient, who has lost over 50 pounds in 6 weeks, informed me that he never used to measure or even think about his portions. Since starting the program, he has become much more cognizant of the size of the food sources that are appearing on his plate. Especially at restaurants, he is being very careful not to always eat what is put in front of him.

Weekend and alcohol: Once again, recurrent theme...alcohol delays weight loss efforts...before you put that beer in your hand, think twice about it...if you want the weight to come off aggressively, mimimize that alcohol.

On a non-weight loss note: Michael Myers film was panned. Give me a break. You and I know that we will all laugh at his stupid fart jokes. And if you don't think the Three Stooges are funny, then I must question your sense of humor. (Now this will get me lots more comments than my weight loss advice!)

No comments: