Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Great Theme...Making a Choice

This morning I had a patient tell me that she went to a function that had a great buffet line and she was able to not damage her weight loss efforts by repeating this line over and over to herself:

"The food will not taste as good as my weight loss will feel"
"The food will not taste as good as my weight loss will feel"

I did love that line because this, in fact, sums up the choice that we make when we decide to lose weight: We know the high-caloric food sources taste really good, but we also know that when we lose weight, we feel more confident, have higher energy levels and overall feel much better. So, if we cant "have it all", which route should we choose? We can either continue to do lots of the high-caloric foods that provide temporary happiness or lose weight, whiuch will help us live longer, feel better and look younger. A great choice is the latter!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Mmm ....that line has a familiar ring to it..
With the holiday season in full swing we'll all probably be saying that a lot to ourselves...and hoping we hear it!

Anonymous said...

I have another saying to help me avoid those urges to overindulge..."Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"..Mary Ellen Chanin