Monday, July 5, 2010

weight loss...."starting and stopping"

It never seems to be a good time to "start a diet"...whether it be a birthday coming up...a vacation trip..business travel etc...it is difficult to find a good time to "start".

As mentioned frequently, losing weight and keeping that weight off is NOT a "diet"..it is a life style change...and it is never easy to find the time to change lifestyle. We build our lifestyle based on many factors...how we were raised, the things that make us comfortable and happy, how we enjoy our leisure time etc. Part of our lifestyle certainly includes how we appraoch our eating behaviors.

It is ALWAYS a great time to start living a lifestyle that will make you healthier AND happier. The day to "start" was yesterday and the day to stop is NEVER...once you lose that weight you will smile lots more. You will have tremendous amount of energy and you will look years younger. All great stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not on the program but reading your words of encouragment motivate me to maintain a healthy lifestyle and remain enthusiatic about the benefits of health and wellbeing. You have helped so many people with your daily encouragment to reach and maintain their lifestyle goals of a healthier better life. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not on the program currently either, but I was last year. I lost over 15 pounds that I'd been trying to lose for years. I still have another 15 or 20 to go, but at least I haven't gained it back. I'm sure it's partly because I read this blog almost daily. Thanks Dr. P