Sunday, July 4, 2010

weight loss and restaurants

I know I have covered this topic but my experience last nite emphasizes this issue: Choose restaurants wisely if you are on a mission to lose weight. I went to a place called the Melting Pot....lots of people raved about it...you cook your own food at your table, their desserts are heavenly etc.

Okay, the famous food critic, Posner, will give you his review: BAD

I always tell my patients if you are going to ingest food or drink sources off of your dietary plan,make sure it is worth it..meaning high quality food...a very ezquisite dessert...a fine wine....not a three musketeers bad, Boones Farm wine or other cheap sources of calories.

Back to this restaurant...cheese appetizer in a pot with bread to put into it....cheese was no better than velvetta.....main course marginal....and then they tout these chocolate molten desserts with marshmellows and other things you dip into the chocolate....once again, I thought it was NOT worth the calories....

Anyway, I know this is only my opinion but I ask all of you to evaluate your choices of restaurants and try to leave off the lost places which are known solely for their high-caloric dishes...choose places that provide high quality protein in a wonderful atmosphere.

No comments: