Friday, February 19, 2010

weight loss and aging

Yesterday I performed routine medical exams on a married couple...they are in my medical practice and not the Serotonin Program. The husband is 76 years old and the wife 65. The reason I am writing this entry about them is the following: It was amazing to me how they both looked so young for their respective ages. He looked no older than 60 and she about 48. It was incredible how young they both looked and I had to ask them how this is achieved.

First, they both never smoked cigarettes and alcohol usage has been a bare minimum over the years. They also told me they "eat healthy". When I further queried them about this, they explained that they eat lots of vegetables, protein is much more poultry anf fish as opposed to red meat and very little fat in the diet. They also said that they limited their sun exposure over the years. Exercise still occurs pretty much 4-5 times a week. For the husband, he did 200 pushups a day...200 at age 76! Wow!

"Anti-aging" clinics focus lots on laser treatments, botox, fillers etc. Living "healthy" and keeping weight under control is the most powerful "anti-aging" effect and is much more powerful than store-bought efforts.

No comments: