Saturday, April 11, 2009

weight loss and supplements

I was again perusing the Saturday morning tv shows and lots of "infomercials are present.  Very compelling stories about "easy" ways to lose weight!   Just take this pill, or use this machine 5 minutes a day, and you will have all the weight loss you desire!   To quote PT Barnum "there is a sucker born every minute".   Do NOT be one of those "suckers".  There is no such thing as a pill or machine that passively causes weight loss.  Planning, counting portions, and executing a strategy to reduce caloric intake is what is needed.

I want to thank my VERY wonderful staff for organizing, arranging and being there on Saturdays for our patient appreciation month.   I am VERY proud of my staff for the energy, dedication and planning they bring to the office.  They may be very young (me excluded of course!) but they are years advanced in their skillsets to help us become the very very best weight loss resource any patient could ever ask for.

No comments: