Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Travel and Weight Control

Okay, your Doc is leaving for Las Vegas this morning for some business meetings and some fun. What is the guy's strategy for not putting weight on??? Here goes:

1- NO AIRPORT FOOD! I will eat breakfast before i go
2- NO MIRAGE BUFFET! Buffets test the very fabric of the human condition.."All You Can Eat" is how they advertise any buffet and the Vegas buffets compete with each other in terms of how opulent their food spreads are. I have never been to a buffet when I persoanlly have not gone up at least three times for different foods or desserts. If I do not go to a Buffet, I can't stuff it in, right???
3- Limit the Carnegie Deli trip to once! Okay, as an ex-Nuu Yooorker I LOVE corned beef, knishes, etc, and with the offense intended, any place in Northern VA that calls itslef a "New York Deli" is blatantly lying. The Mirage hotel houses a real Carnegie Deli...like the one in New York. I will allow myself that indulgence once.
4-LIMIT ALCOHOL! When you stroll the streets in Vegas you see lots of people walking around with these huge Pina Coladas in glasses that resemble the Eiffel Tower. These high-caoric drinks can really damage weight control so at the most, I may be good for 1 or 2 light beers during the 5 days.
5- NO EATING IN BETWEEN MEALS! Every hotel has food courts, snack shops etc...I will not be tempted by the Gelato bar
6- EXERCISE DAILY! I will go to the gym first thing every morning to run

Anyway, these are my strategies to limit the weight gain from a trip such as this. Also, when I get back on Monday, I will check my weight and if it does go up, then next week I wil be that much more vigilant.

I bought a new laptop so I will be posting blogs from Sin City! If I hit a major jackpot, then we are moving our second office from Bethesda to Las Vegas Blvd. Nah teasing...I would miss all of you too much!

No comments: