Friday, July 25, 2008

Thank you for your support-We have a new Marine!

As many of you know, my son, Ryan, went to MCRD San Diego in April to begin boot camp to become a Marine. It was a long and painful 13 weeks waiting for the mailman to deliver his letters to me and receiving only two 3- minute phone calls in the 13 weeks. The good news is he has now graduated and is a United States Marine! We are very proud. Some of you actually saw me on the fateful day he left and also the first week when I could barely function from the separation pains and the worry for him as he began his journey with the Drill Instructors. I thank my patients and my friends so much for all of the support that you gave me as you followed his progress with me, worried for me, prayed for us and counted down the weeks till he would graduate. Everyday I wrote him a letter to keep his motivation up and mentioned all of you that were interested in his progress and success. (Actually I was known by all of his platoon buddies and the DIs as the crazy Mom that sent over 90 letters..but that is ok with me). He was truly amazed at this outpouring and he thanks you all. We both thank you and appreciate you very much. I couldn't have made it without you!

During bootcamp he lost 30 pounds and suggested I incoporporate the Marine Corps diet into SP. His suggestion: 10 minutes to eat a meal and powerwalk everywhere!

No comments: