Friday, September 5, 2008

adjusting diet to activity

As I watched the football game last nite, I was reminded of several ex-NFL players that have done our program. When they were active players, they were working out constantly, but when they retired, their eating patterns never changed but yet their activity dropped trmendously. I think I read that the gold medal winner Michael Phelps eats over 10000 calories per day. If he continued to do that after he stops swimming, I think he will be calling us for an appointment.

Even if you are not a professional athlete, sometimes we get small ankle or foot injuries that prevent us from exercising. We must adjust our food intake to offset that lack of exercise . If not, we weill start gaining weight.

It is incredibly easy to eat lots of calories and hard to brun them off. Always try to look at this as a mathematical equation: calories coming in/calories burning off. Try to work aggressively on both ends of the equation.

Have a great weekend! (and see Skins fans, I didnt tease anyone about the game last night, did i?)

No comments: